Reader in Astrophysics
r.trotta@ null imperial.ac.uk
Phone: +44 (0)20 7594 7793
Fax: +44 (0)20 759 47772
Room 1009, Level 10
Imperial College London, Astrophysics, Blackett Laboratory, Prince Consort Road, London SW7 2AZ, UK
2014-2015 academic year:
Lecturer, core course Physics of the Universe: Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics
2nd year tutor
Year in Europe supervisor (Italy)
- 2013-2014: 1st year tutor. Year in Europe supervisor (Italy).
- 2009-2013: Lecturer, 2nd year core course Statistics of measurement. Year in Europe tutor. Academic tutor.
- 2009-2010: Computer lab demonstrator.
- Guest lecturer in the Astrophysics course on Nov 16th 2009, entitled Astrophysical dark matter probes. Imperial College London.
- 44th Saas Fee Advanced Course on Astronomy and Astrophysics, "Cosmology with wide-field surveys", Engelberg, Switzerland, March 2014, Course website
- School on Bayesian Analysis in Physics and Astronomy, Stellenbosch, South Africa, Nov 2013, Course website
- ICIC Data Analysis Workshop, Imperial College London advanced postgraduate course, Sept 2013 Course website
- Statistical Inference, 3-weeks long postgraduate course at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cape Town, March 2012 (with Bruce Basset). Course webpage.
- Advanced method in statistical data analysis, elite PhD course in Copenhagen, Nov 14-18th 2011. Slides, problems and handout available here.
- Introduction to cosmology, postgraduate lecture for the High Energy Physics students, Imperial, Nov 2010.
- Advanced statistical methods, postgraduate lectures for PhD students, Imperial Astrophysics, Sept 2010.
- Statistical methods for cosmology, 1st Jayme Tiomno School of Cosmology, Rio de Janeiro, July 2010.
- Probability theory, statistics and data analysis. Postgraduate lectures series, Imperial/UCL, Jan 2009.
- The cosmic microwave background and its statistical interpretation. A series of 3 invited lectures given at Physics Department of Wuerzburg University (Germany) in Dec 2008.
- Introduction to modern cosmology. (Lecture 1) (Lecture 2) Postgraduate lectures series, Imperial/UCL, Oct 2008.
- Advanced Statistical tools for cosmology. (Lecture 1) (Lecture 2) Invited lectures given at the Taller des altas energias, Madrid, UAM, Sept 2008 and in Valencia in May 2009.
Past TEACHING experience
- 2009: 2nd year tutor and lecture course associate for the Sun, Stars and Planets course. Guest lecture in the Astrophysics course on Nov 14th 2008, entitled Dark Matter: present evidence and future searches. Imperial College London.
- 2008: Lecturer at the Physics Undergraduate Conference, Oxford University.
- 2006 to 2008: Undergraduate tutor in astrophysics and quantum mechanics. St Anne's College, Oxford.
- 2005 to 2006: Tutor for the Astrophysics Masters course. Oxford University.
- Trinity 2005: Undergraduate tutorials in physics and mathematics. Oxford University.
- 2001 to 2003: Undergraduate tutor in classical mechanics and co-examiner. University of Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1998 to 2001: Undergraduate tutor in algebra, linear algebra and mathematics. ETH Zurich, Switzerland.